Rising amounts invested, more powerful late-stage funds, stronger funding rounds and series B/C at over €100m: the European life sciences ecosystem continued to grow and mature in 2021. If it is not on a par with the United States, Europe is getting stronger. Rising rates and tighter market conditions in the United States could push American players to the shores of the Old Continent where valuations are lower.
A few questions therefore arise:
- Where are we in terms of catching up (financial power of VCs, early-stage, late-stage, listed)?
- Are the ecosystems getting closer?
- Do US investors come more easily to Europe?
- Are European generalist institutional investors strengthening their positions in the biotech sector?
- What cultural differences still mark the practices and dialogues between European and American actors?
We'd love to get to know you
Join us, we offer you an extraordinary chance to learn, to develop and to be part of an exciting experience and team.Tell us your story